The PhD Workshop takes place in Narva, situated near the border of Estonia and Russia.
The venue is the University of Tartu Narva College, read more here. It is located in the city centre.
Address: Raekoja plats 2.
Hotel Inger in Narva
Hotel Inger is booked for the Congress' PhD Workshop in Narva before the Congress dates.
The INGER City Hotel stands out amongst other Narva’s hotels with a high level of service, central location and well-developed infrastructure. There you can have a nice rest and use all the services of the hotel. The hotel is very well located: in the city centre, museums, parks can be reached in 5-10 minutes.
Address: Aleksander Puškini 28
From Tallinn to Narva
The capital city Tallinn is the most likely point of entry to the country. From there, you can get to Narva:
- by bus: buses go from the Tallinn Bus Station to Narva on average once per hour. The journey is about 3.5 hours long and costs around 10€. You can check the schedule and buy tickets here.
- by train: there are a few departures from the Tallinn Train Station (Balti jaam) to Narva per day. The departure time is from around 2 hours to 2.5 hours and the price range is 11-13€. You can check the schedule and buy tickets here.
From Narva to Tartu
- If you would like to leave for Tartu on July 23 at the end of the PhD workshop, you can sign up for a free bus later.
- If you would like to spend more time in Narva or trip around in Estonia, you need to arrange your own transport.
- by bus: there are a few departures per day. The journey is about 3 hours long and costs around 8€. You can check the schedule and buy tickets here.
- by train: trains go to Tartu with one stop-over where you need to change the train. The average journey time is about 3 hours and the tickets costs around 16€. You can check the schedule and buy tickets here.